A- A A+
A A |   Arial | PT Sans | Century |

 Soalan Lazim | Hubungi Kami | Aduan & Maklumbalas | Peta Laman

FAQ - Wildlife Disturbance

User Rating: 3 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar InactiveStar Inactive
1. What are the information's needs to make a report to DWNP about wildlife disturbance?
Department needs name of the complainant, IC number, contact number (house or hand phone), location and time of incident occurred and species involved.
2. How fast DWNP will act once complaints were reported?
Once received a report, an investigation will be carried out and action will be taken within three (3) working days. However, most of cases, action will be taken immediately after complaints were received.
3. Do I need to pay for services and assistance given by the department in case of wildlife disturbance issue?
No charges will impose for services and assistance given by the department in case of wildlife disturbance issue.
4. Can we report about increasing number of stray dogs and cats in our housing area to DWNP for assistance?
Stray dogs and cats are not under DWNP jurisdiction and it is under purview of Local Authorities. Therefore, any complaint about it should be forwarded to the related Local Authorities.
5. What can we do if long tailed macaque or other wildlife species disturb near to our house?
Please call DWNP at 03-90866800 (DWNP Head Quarters) or the nearest DWNP state office. Complaint also can be addressed to The Director General of DWNP, KM. 10, Jalan Cheras, 56100, Kuala Lumpur; or through e-Complaint as in DWNP website at http://www.wildlife.gov.my
6. Why public are prohibited from feeding long-tailed macaques?
Feeding the macaque will change their natural behavior by depending on human to find food. It will also created fearless macaque and could easily attacks human when the food supply cannot be obtained.
7. What types of actions are taken by DWNP for macaque's disturbance complaints?
Translocation approach will be carried out to group of macaques which create nuisance. Trapped macaques will be translocated to more suitable habitat. However, culling by shooting or trap then cull will also be implemented for aggressive one or when the macaque begins to attack humans.
8. Am I allowed to catch/ shoot the macaques which destroy my crops?
According to Section 54, Wildlife Conservation Act 2010 [Act 716], an owner may capture or kill macaque that cause serious damage to crops after first using reasonable efforts to frighten away the macaque and failing to do so. The owner also should report without delay to the nearest DWNP.
9. Why complaints about elephant disturbance must be reported immediately to DWNP?
It will help DWNP to take immediate action to avoid massive destruction on crops or to avoid of any incidents which could involved on human safety.
10. What is the best effort to solve elephant conflict in my area?
Installation of electric fences with well maintenance is the best effort to mitigate human-elephant conflict in your area.
11. Why staffs of DWNP only carried out drive shooting for elephant that intrude to village areas/plantation estate or orchard?
Drive shooting will be carried out when the affected area is adjacent to the main habitat of elephant and the translocation operation is not suitable to be conducted.
12. What is best way to avoid tiger conflict in my rubber estate?
By clearing your rubber estate could avoid tiger conflict in your work place.
13. How to avoid tiger conflict with my livestock?
By confining the livestock in the night stall/paddock particularly during the night time can be avoided livestock attacked by tiger.
14. How to avoid swallow/ bats occupied the buildings in the factory?
Avoid walls and other structures in the building which can be used as swallow's resting or bats hanging places. If the building is already build, please install suitable nets in areas which is potentially for swallows and bats enters. Contact nearest DWNP for assistance and advice.

Print Email

Jabatan Perlindungan Hidupan Liar dan Taman Negara (PERHILITAN) 
Semenanjung Malaysia
Km 10, Jalan Cheras
56100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-90866800       Fax : 03-90752873
Email : webmaster[at]wildlife[dot]gov[dot]my
Logo Biro Pengaduan Awan BPA Logo Prestariangfor upload Screen Shot 2017 06 05 at 2.55.50 PM 
Facebook icon Twitter icon Instagram Youtube icon RSS icon Mobile icon

Jumlah Pelawat : 3059582

Kemaskini : 18 January 2021.