A A |   Arial | PT Sans | Century |
A- A A+

   faq2        hubungi2         maklumbalas2        peta2
 Soalan Lazim | Hubungi Kami | Aduan & Maklumbalas | Peta Laman

FAQ- Enforcement

User Rating: 3 / 5

Star ActiveStar ActiveStar ActiveStar InactiveStar Inactive
1. What wildlife species are protected in Peninsular Malaysia?
For Peninsular Malaysia, protected species are those listed under First and Second Schedule of the Wildlife Conservation Act 2010 [Act 716] and species listed under Third Schedule of the International Trade In Endangered Species Act 2008 [Act 686]. These schedules can be referred to at Schedule under Act 716.
2. What types of licenses are issued by DWNP?
The DWNP issues licenses based on the activity and species applied for. Usually a license is issued for hunting, taking, keeping, collecting, carry on the business of dealing, carry on the taxidermy business, import, export or re-export activities involving "Protected" wildlife species (including part or derivative of wildlife). 
The Department also issue Permit for activities which involve operation of zoo, commercial captive breeding, circus or wildlife exhibition and carry out research. 
Application can be made at all State DWNP. Please refer to DWNP State Offices for the list of address of the relevant state office.
3. What is CITES?
CITES stands for Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora. It is an international convention of which Malaysia is one of its members. This convention enables countries to cooperate in the monitoring of the international trade of flora and fauna, including local wildlife species listed under it. For more information, please refer to CITES.
4. Can I buy and keep wildlife that is being sold at pet shops?
Yes, you can, if the shop is licensed by the DWNP. Only selected protected species are allowed to be sold by such shops. You have to produce the purchase receipt at the nearest DWNP Office in order to get a license to keep the wildlife, as mentioned in Types of Licenses.  
5. How can I obtain a license to catch Common Shama?
Please be inform that, the issuance of hunting and catching licence for type of wild birds is still being frozen.  
6. Can I buy Common Shama and Oriental White-eye from pet shops?
Please be inform that licence for keeping Common Shama and Oriental White-eye will only be issued after it is acquired with approve licence to catch issued earlier. These species are not allowed to be marketed even by licence dealer.
7. Can I import and export wildlife?
Yes, if the import or export of such wildlife species is allowed under the Act 716 and Act 686. For further information on this matter, you can refer to Guidelines of Wildlife Import/ Export.  
8. What should I do when the wildlife that I kept died?
It is the obligation of the licence holder to inform and return the keeping license to the DWNP issuance office immediately. 
9. Can I collect and bring back some orchids and insects during my visit to the National Park?
It is prohibited to do so. All flora and fauna in the park are protected under the law in the National Park. 
10. Is the collection of edible birds' nests required licence from Department of Wildlife and National parks?
The Edible-nest Swiftlet (Aerodramus fuciphagus) and Black-nest Swiftlet (Aerodramus maximus) are no longer listed under the Wildlife Conservation Act 2010 [Act 716]. Thus licence is not required from the Wildlife Department and National Parks.
11. Where can I acquired import / export licence from?
Application for import / export can be made at Wildlife Department office as stated below:
Jabatan PERHILITAN Wilayah Persekutuan
No 21,Jalan Dwi Tasik 1,Bandar Seri Permaisuri,5600 Cheras,Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-91710258  
Fax: 03- 91710257
Jabatan PERHILITAN Negeri Johor
Tgkt. 9 Blok B, Wisma Persekutuan, Jalan Air Molek, 80000 Johor Baru, Johor.
Tel: 07-2230580   
Fax: 07-2235702
Jabatan PERHILITAN Negeri Pulau Pinang
Tgkt. 40, Bangunan Komtar, 10000 Pulau Pinang.
Tel: 04-2613039  
Fax: 04-2610330 

Print Email

Department of Wildlife and National Parks (DWNP) 
Peninsular Malaysia
Km 10, Jalan Cheras
56100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-90866800       Fax : 03-90752873
Email : webmaster[at]wildlife[dot]gov[dot]my
 Portal Rasmi Kerajaan Malaysia nrecc logo footerMAMPU
Logo Biro Pengaduan Awan BPA Logo Prestariangfor upload
Facebook icon Twitter icon Instagram Youtube icon RSS icon Mobile icon

Today 461 | Yesterday 3974 | Month 60877 | All 8365174

Last Update : 11 July 2024.


    <a href="https://www.data.gov.my/data/ms_MY/dataset/lokasi-pusat-ekopelan <a splwpk-electronic-archive="splwpk-electronic-archive" href="https://www.wildlife.gov.my/index.php/pengumuman/466-panggilan-temuduga-jawatan-kontrak-renjer-hidupan-liar/"